Day 2: Summative Assessments
- Quizlet – digital flashcards
- Showbie – LMS that allows students to download and upload files easily. Used at LPMS but was unimpressed since it was used inconsistently. Why not just use Google Classroom?
- Google Forms – set up conditional grading and pathways. Provide extra resources should a student get the information in correct. ❤ Use as a data collection tool for SPED students.
- Kahoot – Meh, nothing groundbreaking here. Standard use of Kahoot but Ben had a good idea of using it with faculty!
- Newsela – Again, used at LPMS and awesome! But very familiar with the tool. Students can read the same article as their peers regardless of their reading level.
- FlipGrid – Students answer questions via little videos. They can also reply to each other. Very similar to instagram. Great way to practice conversational skills in foreign languages. Cannot provide feedback without updating materials. Great list of ideas for how to use it in the classroom.
- What is the purpose of the assessment? Are you assessing their use of technology or their knowledge? If they don’t want to use technology and they’d rather do it by hand, go for it!
- Infographs – using Google Drawing, Adobe Spark, Piktochart, and Canva.
- Camtasia – great tool for screencasting, annotating, and zooming/calling out during videos. $200 but they also create Jing.